Hanover Hockey Association
The Hanover Hockey Association offers three different hockey opportunities for youth ranging in age from pre-school through high school. For very young skaters just learning to play hockey, HHA and the Upper Valley Hockey Association (UVHA) together offer a Learn-to-Play program.
For young and entry-level players that are starting to learn the game of hockey and are ready for a bit more action, the HHA and GLYHA offer instructional and recreational play in a joint Valley Mite program.
Beginning at the Mite level (presuming adequate enrollment) and continuing through the Bantam level, HHA also offers Travel teams that participate in the Granite State League (GSL) and, in some cases as determined year to year, on an independent basis. The GSL is a competitive New Hampshire hockey league that has multiple tiers within each age group with LEVEL 1 / Tier 1 being the most competitive level.
Finally, the Association also offers a Girls’ program that either plays in the GSL or an independent schedule.
Upper Valley Hockey Association
The Upper Valley Hockey Association is a collaboration of The Greater Lebanon Youth Hockey Association and The Hartford Youth Hockey Association.
Mission: The “Upper Valley Hockey Association” mission is to introduce the youth of our area to and promote the game of hockey, so that every child in the program can enjoy a positive experience through encouragement, skill development and character building while creating a passion for the game.
Vision: Emphasis will be placed on sportsmanship, teamwork, respect for individuals, integrity and love for the game. The conduct of board members, coaches, parents, volunteers and players will be held to the highest standards to promote and maintain a culture that the organization and the communities that it supports will be proud of. Always remember that this is for the kids!
The UVHA offers the following programs:
- Learn to Skate: co-ed, ages 4-8
- Hockey Club Minor: in house program co-ed, ages 5-8
- Hockey Club Major: in house program, co-ed, ages 9-14
- House Mites: local hockey, co-ed, ages 5-8
- Mites: co-ed, ages 7-8, local travel hockey
- Squirts: co-ed, ages 9-10, travel hockey program with full-ice games
- Pee Wee: co-ed, ages 11-12, travel hockey program with full-ice games
- Bantams: ages 13-14, travel hockey with one tournament
- Girl U14/U12: ages 10-14, travel hockey with one tournament