COVID-19 Reopening Health and Safety Protocols
As we begin our re-opening we need to follow certain federal, state, and local guidelines. We ask for your help following those guidelines. We will post information on our website and have increased signage around the arena. Thank you in advance. Stay Healthy! Please check our webpage often as the protocol will change.
The James Campion Rink will be re-opening on October 30th, 2020.
All rink programs including public skate and open stick will start the week of November 2nd.
CAMPION RINK REOPENING PLAN
- Masks are required to enter the building. They must remain on even if you are on the ice.
- Everyone who enters the rink for any reason or any length of time must have a negative COVID-19 test on file with the organization you are a member of. This includes players, coaches, staff, volunteers, and parents.
- Everyone who enters the rink must have their temperature taken. The screening process can start on-line by going to
Complete the form and receive a QR code that you scan on the monitor we have installed in the Rink lobby. The machine will take your temperature, once you have scanned your code.
- Doors will be locked until 10 minutes prior to your ice time
- You are asked not to enter the building if you have a temperature, experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or a sore throat
- Social distancing shall be practiced
- Come to the building already dressed to play, skates on if possible
- Locker rooms will not be available
- Seating will be provided to put on and take off skates but we encourage skaters to enter the rink with skates on
- Underage players/skaters are allowed one parent/guardian to help with skates but that person once skates are on child must exit the building
- When your session is over you must leave within 10 minutes out the side door
- Please follow all arrows and signs
- All skaters must sign a COVID waiver that covers that player for the entire season
- All skaters must complete ENTRY SCREENING every time they enter the rink
- There will be no lost & found
- Sharing of water bottles is not permitted
- Cleaning protocols based on recommendations and guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Federal or State agencies we have increased our cleaning procedures to ensure the health of everyone in our facility and ensure we are taking the appropriate steps to reopen safely.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the rink
- Benches, gates, seats, scorekeepers box, and all high touch areas will be cleaned between groups
- Bathrooms, lobby doors will be cleaned between each group
- All tables, counters, public surfaces will be cleaned/disinfected regularly
PARENTS, PLAYERS PROCESSES & RESTRICTIONS
- Players, parents, staff are required to wear a face mask, even on the ice
- All coaches and non-active players are required to wear a face mask while on the bench
- Spectators will not be welcome in the rink.
- The lobby is currently closed
- Players and parents who enter the building must sign COVID-19 waiver as well as complete ENTRY SCREENING. The waiver needs to be filled out once and we will keep on file. The ENTRY SCREENING will need to be done every time you enter the rink. A parent or guardian signature will be required for patrons under age 18.
ON-ICE ACTIVITIES & RESTRICTIONS
- Social distancing should be practiced whenever possible on the ice
- No handshakes after games
- No huddling before or after games/practices
- No spitting on ice or anywhere in the building
- Masks worn at all times by everyone
FACILITIES ACCESS & RESTRICTIONS
- Locker rooms will be closed
- Skaters put on/take off skates in seats/benches marked along runway around the rink.
- Players waiting to get on the ice must stay in seat until Zamboni has finished resurfacing and doors are shut
- All players dress at home and should only need to put on skates at rink
Please try to keep at least 6 feet or more between anyone not in your family at all times. We will have arrows on the floor to help traffic flow inside the arena. Signage will be posted inside and outside of the facility. We expect to have 1 entrance and 1 exit door, as well as all current emergency exits. Doors may be locked until entry is allowed. No teams/groups/athletes other than from New England area allowed at competitive sporting events, training sessions or practices. All customers are asked to sanitize their hands when they enter and exit the facility. Patrons that cannot follow these guidelines will not be allowed to use or enter the facility.